Sunday, November 25, 2012

And It Was A Beautiful Day


My beautiful husband and his loving parents



As Thanksgiving approached this year, I was an anxious mess!  The thought of visiting family who I hadn't seen in months terrified me.  Newly married, I'm overly concerned with making lasting good impressions on my husband's family.  Since we said our "I do's", I have gained a plethora of weight.  Even my earlobes got fat.  Fatter.  Ugh!  Married life has been wonderful.  The security, however, has somehow made me lackadaisical where diet and exercise are concerned.  So I've gained. . . 10, 20, 30, 40 pounds.  I really don't know because the scale is not my friend and I have consciously avoided it like the plague.  In any event, as the big day approached - the day where I knew I'd be forced to see family on both sides - all I could think about was my fat earlobes.  And I was a mess!  My wonderful therapist, Kathy, (and by the way, I firmly believe all women should have a Kathy in their life because she has a creative, cool, funky, wild, genius way of uncomplicating the complicated) convinced me that I was projecting my poor self-image on my family.  She assured me that no one would be judging me on the thickness of my earlobes - no one but me.  And in just one, one-hour session with Kathy, my anxiety was reduced and I was convinced that I could enjoy spending time with family.  And I did.  And it was wonderful!  I am learning that the unconditional love of family is just that - unconditional.  And, if I'll allow it by getting out of my own way, time spent with family over the holidays - or any other time for that matter - can be time spent creating wonderful memories and getting my heart filled with the good stuff. . . unconditional love.   



Backyard Where I Spent Time. . .


Finding beauty















Yes, when I stay out of my own way, life can be. . . and IS. . . amazing.  And to my new family,





I love you more!




How about you?  How did you spend Thanksgiving this year?  Learn anything new about yourself?  Please share.  I so enjoy learning from others.  Peace.  ~Quinn~



No comments:

Post a Comment