Saturday, November 3, 2012

I Want To Be A Blogger

Ok, so I want to be a blogger. I don’t know why. I just do. I’m new to blogging relatively speaking. Heck I’m new to everything these days. Wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and wonder. . . who is that looking back? Don’t really know myself anymore. I’m 51 and I’m on this weird journey of self-discovery. Maybe the entire world is. I don’t know. I only know that for me the self-discovery journey only recently began. Could be mid-life crisis I suppose. I don’t know. Whatever it is, I have decided to embrace rather than fight. . . . it. And so I want to be a blogger. I’m not sure what I have to contribute, if anything, that will be helpful or useful to the world at large. I don’t have children. I don’t have grandchildren. I don’t have cool, hip hobbies that I’m exceptionally good at. I don’t travel. . .much. I’m not a photographer; though I’d very much like to be. I don’t own a business; I have nothing to sell. I don’t have a gimmick or trick or. . . well, you get the idea, right? I don’t drink fine wines, stay in hotels with concierge services, cook fine french foods or shop in high-end stores. I’m average. And you know what? I’m ok with that. Average is good. Most of us are, so I’m proud to say that I live a comfortable life among the masses. So here I am. Finding myself with others I imagine that are just like me. Average. . .discovering themselves. . . offering what they have and maybe just maybe creating something wonderful, magical, meaningful, necessary. I don’t know what I’ll get out of this process anymore then I know what I’ll have to offer. But! I can’t wait to find out. How about you? Do you blog? If so, what do you blog about? Does your blog have a theme? If you don't blog, what's stopping you? Thanks for stopping by and please, please leave a comment. I hate talking to myself! Peace. ~Quinn~

2 comments:

  1. I love that you want to be a blogger! It is great fun! Welcome to the blog world! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily. I've enrolled in a photography class so hopefully future blog entries will be full of not only colorful words, but also colorful pictures. A well documented life. How exciting, no?

    ReplyDelete